Ansley Hotel Fragments

Title

Ansley Hotel Fragments

Subject

Kitchenware

Description

The Ansley Hotel was an upscale hotel located on Forsyth St. at the corners of what are now Luckie St. and Williams St. close to Peachtree St. MARTA station. It is now a Dunkin and a parking lot.
It is difficult to date these plates since there are very little examples of this "AH" logo. One listing for a silver cocktail server with the logo believes it was from the very beginning of the hotel's operations (it opened in 1913), but we cannot find a source for this.
An image on Wikimedia Commons that dates to the 1910s appears to have chairs with the AH logo.
The Dinkler Hotel Co. purchased the hotel in 1927 and it was named to Dinkler Plaza Hotel in 1953, making this plate increasingly unlikely to be from later than the 50s.
The hotel was demolished in 1972, shortly before the MARTA excavations.

Source

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ansley-hotel-atlanta-1912-hotel-493085207
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hotel_Ansley_Postcard_Lobby.JPG
https://www.adeepersouth.com/stories/2019/5/28/nextdoor

Publisher

Phoenix Project

Date

1913-1953

Format

Large frag:
103g
149x66x21mm
Small frag:
22g
55x45x7mm

Type

Ceramic

Identifier

Small frag: p2
Large frag: p14
ACC 193

Coverage

9FU107

Collection

Citation

“Ansley Hotel Fragments,” The Phoenix Project , accessed May 29, 2024, http://martaphoenixproject.gsuanthropology.com/items/show/133.

Output Formats

Geolocation